Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The campaign draws to a close

It's been a hectic few weeks of campaigning, and I think all the candidates have had a fair chance to put their case to the voters, through leaflets (lovingly hand-crafted on the trusty printer pictured), canvassing, hustings and news and radio articles, and hopefully this has been useful in helping everybody to form an opinion on who they are going to vote for. The coverage of the election in The Orcadian has been scanty however, with all candidates scratching their heads as to why we were sent a questionnaire and why it hasn't been used (at least yet).

Personally, I've been everywhere in Kirkwall East over the last few weeks and spoken to many people, but not as many as I would have liked to. The sheer vastness of the ward (1844 households, 3327 electors) meant that it was only ever going to be possible to knock on a fraction of the doors, and this is how it has turned out. However, I'd like once more to extend an invitation to anyone who'd like to talk about the council and the issues of this campaign to give me a shout on 877119, and I can come round and speak to them. If I'm elected of course this will become an open invitation.

But will I be elected? I hope so, because I am sure I could do a good job.

Who gets in? You decide! Like my amigo Jack Moodie says on his blog, "Vote for whoever you want!"

No comments: